Our "Ming" (or aunt), who cooks Khmer food for us, tried a new dish today. It's called Amok Trey (a curry fish dish). I helped her make all the spices for it yesterday - it has lemon grass, garlic, saffron and something else I didn't know what it was in English. First they take banana leaves and make a bowl out of it. Then they put the spices and chili pepper on the fish and then steam it. She did a great job and it turned out amazing!! I thought it was interesting and you might enjoy seeing a traditional Khmer dish!
please be aware that we READ and LOVE all comments made on this blog, but that the comments will not be published. thanks!!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Amok Trey
Our "Ming" (or aunt), who cooks Khmer food for us, tried a new dish today. It's called Amok Trey (a curry fish dish). I helped her make all the spices for it yesterday - it has lemon grass, garlic, saffron and something else I didn't know what it was in English. First they take banana leaves and make a bowl out of it. Then they put the spices and chili pepper on the fish and then steam it. She did a great job and it turned out amazing!! I thought it was interesting and you might enjoy seeing a traditional Khmer dish!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment